Awesome Ideas For Do It Yourself as Gift. When approaching a celebration, whether it’s Christmas, Mother’s Day, or a birthday, we are always looking for an original gift. But, unfortunately, what we do most often is to run the shops and spend colossal sums on often unnecessary gifts. So, why not opt for a do-it-yourself gift?
The meaning of the holidays has changed a lot as a result of commercialization. The consumer society has undermined the charm of the most special moments. Unfortunately, they are more and more often associated with the simple accumulation of material goods. However, these goods are not able to show love to the person to whom they are addressed.
Awesome Ideas For Do It Yourself as Gift
Handmade gifts are a great idea to give meaning to what we are giving away. First, it is an ideal solution from a budget perspective. DIY ideas are generally very economical. They allow you to make awesome gifts without investing too much money, or too much effort, for that matter. In addition, it is the only way to offer a personalized gift that bears the imprint of our imagination. It is a small piece of our soul materialized in a unique object of sentimental value.
Potpourri or a jar filled with Christmas scents
Indeed, there are endless ideas for DIY items for any party. The suggestions for Christmas, which is fast approaching, are remarkably rich. From Christmas candles to knitting collars and scarves to finish with gourmet ideas and easy landscape drawing. A jar filled with all kinds of candies and treats and nicely decorated is a great way to surprise a friend or a child. Finally, we all love chocolate!
What about Mother’s Day? A pretty pencil case or a purse, a decorated pocket mirror, a bracelet or a necklace… There is a multitude of suggestions there too. A monogrammed cup of coffee or a pretty picture frame will charm dad. The bookmarks, custom tee shirts and coasters are perfect gifts to give to a friend for her birthday.
Now, we let you consult our gallery to select a gift idea that you like. There you will also find some tutorial videos which also present some cool ideas.
A DIY Christmas gift imbued with a festive spirit
Materials and ingredients needed (3 options):
- Dried orange slices
- Dried cranberries
- Cinnamon sticks
- Vanilla pod
- Dried orange slices
- Dried apple slices
- Cinnamon sticks
- Star anise
- Cried lemon slices
- Dried lime slices
- Dried rosemary
1. The first thing to do is to make sure that your fruit is well dehydrated. If you have a food dehydrator at home, great. If not, don’t panic because you could also dry your fruit in the oven. For this purpose, first, preheat the oven to 100º C.
2. Cut your fruit into slices half a centimeter thick and then place them on a baking sheet covered with baking paper—Bake for about 6 hours or until dehydrated.
3. Then, store the dried fruit and other ingredients listed above in a simple glass jar. To make it prettier, wrap a ribbon or string around the neck of the jar. You can even think about threading a slice of dried fruit through it for added charm.
4. To fill your house with pleasant Christmas scents, place the potpourri ingredients in a saucepan and half fill with water, then heat and simmer over very low heat. Be careful because the water will dissipate over time! So, at some point, your ingredients could end up without water and therefore burnt, which will result in a rather unpleasant smell.
A useful do-it-yourself gift idea – coasters made of small colorful pom poms
- Colorful pom poms
- Arrange the pom poms in a hexagonal shape – 3 pom poms, 4 pom poms, 5 pom poms, 4 pom poms, 3 pom poms, arranging them in small groups by color.
- Cut a thread a little less than two meters in length and pass your needle through.
- Sew rows of pompoms together, starting with a row of 3 and working your way up.
- For the pompoms located at the corners, make sure to pass the thread through the inner side of the pompom. For the rest, we will thread through the middle.
- Once you have sewn horizontally through the rows of felt balls, pull the thread to ensure that the rows of balls are tight and without too large gaps between them.
- Then continue sewing by the columns of felt balls according to the same seam pattern according to the location of the balls.
- Once all the balls are sewn and secure, finish with a knot while hiding it in a ball. Make sure you pull the string tight and cut the end of the thread to be completely hidden.
A handmade gift idea for foodies – cookie mix in a jar
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 3/4 cup of M & Ms
- 3/4 mini milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup packaged brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
1. The first important task is to choose a suitable container. A glass jar is large enough to hold all the ingredients, preferably with a slightly wider neck so that it is easier to put food in.
2. Then, all you have to do is pour in the ingredients listed above, making very distinct layers in a precise order which is as follows: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt -> oatmeal -> M & Ms -> mini chocolate chips -> brown sugar -> white sugar.
3. To make the cookies afterward, add a few liquid ingredients, including 1 beaten egg, 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla with dry ingredients. Finally, mix well, bake and voila.
4. To make your little gourmet gift even more festive, you could think of decorating the lid of the jar with a pretty printable and decorative ribbon or string.
Also Read: Bedroom Decorating Ideas